Recipe for simple, effective home-made exfoliator.
Who needs a little pampering? Our home-made exfoliator will leave your skin feeling silky smooth and all you need is just two ingredients. You can use this on your face and neck, as well as hands and feet for an extra treat, leaving them soft and feeling nourished.
You only need two ingredients, any one of our Sonatur skin care products and bicarbonate of soda.
1 teaspoon of any SONATUR Skin Care product
1 pinch of bicarbonate of soda
• Take a teaspoon of your SONATUR Skin Care product and put in a cup, or the palm of your hand.
• Add in just a pinch of Bicarbonate of Soda, and mix well with the cream. The consistency should be slightly gritty but very easy to spread, not a thick paste.
• Apply to face and neck in gentle circular motions. You can treat your hands and feet too. Just make a little extra and apply as you would to your face.
• Leave the exfoliator on your skin for no more than 7 minutes. It may tingle a bit.
• Rinse off with warm water, pat dry and apply your Sonatur skin product to moisturise.
The grit of the bicarb breaks the skin’s surface, allowing the rose geranium essential oils in the SONATUR product to penetrate and start healing.
• Don’t exfoliate more than twice a week.
• Ensure that there are 4 days in-between exfoliation (for example on a Monday and then on a Thursday) as your skin needs time to heal.
• Avoid getting the exfoliator in your eyes. Wash immediately with warm water if you do.
• SONATUR skin care products should be used with caution when pregnant.
• You might experience an initial burning sensation when you apply the exfoliator - this is from the bicarb gently breaking the surface of the skin allowing the rose geranium essential oil to penetrate over the next 7 minutes.